The Mount Laurel Garden Club was organized in 1964, and is committed to civic and community projects.
Membership is open to both residents and non residents who are interested in horticulture and/or flower arranging. Active participation in club projects is required.
Goals of our Club
- To stimulate an appreciation of plants.
- Aid in the improvement of home gardening.
- Encourage civic planting.
- Promote the artistic use of flowers in the home.
- Provide a scholarship to a Mount Laurel resident who is a member of the current graduating class.
- Develop an awareness of and concern for environmental problems.
Arlene, Scholarship chairperson, with the four scholarship recipients: Kaitlin, Sameera, Maeve, Chase.
Maeve was the recipient of the Mary Lou Eisenmann Memorial Scholarship, presented here by Jack Eisenmann, Mary Lou's husband. Mary Lou was a very active member of the garden club who passed away in January, 2015.
Thanks Eileen for teaching us how to make this parallel design. It's a lot of work for you, buying and conditioning all these flowers! We all had a wonderful time and felt very proud of our creations.
Betty and Sue. Check back later for more photo's.